Site Design Engineer
Our client, a multinational telecommunication company is interviewing immediately for a (Site Design Engineer) Site Solutions Lead/Site Solutions Engineer to join their established and highly successful RAN deployment programme. This is a fantastic long-term opportunity for a Design Engineer with previous telecom design experience within the UK. The successful candidate will have previous experience with companies such as Nokia / Huawei / Ericsson / 3UK / MBNL etc.
Scope of Work:
The A&D Delivery Manager will be expected to have a strong working knowledge of Wireless Site Design, working with the direct support of the lead Acquisition Managers and Lead Design Engineers to ensure that sites that have been designed by 3rd parties are compliant prior to the acquisition process mobilising.
Requirements as a Site Design Engineer:
- Wireless Telecoms Site Design experience essential
- At least 5 years of professional experience telecoms design and telecoms infrastructure projects or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of Structural and/or Electrical design on Wireless Sites, required to have hands-on design experience, including H&S compliance
- Working under CDM 2015 regulation
- Implement best practices and industry standards in designs
- Review and approve designs for issue
- Attend progress meetings with client/suppliers
- Ensure key Design Personnel receive the required training & development to carry out required tasks at a project-specific level
- Expected to lead technical investigations that result from client/internal queries (technical or H&S) and to support the design team in providing detailed answers to address any concerns raised.
- Provide assist with project-specific solutions & associated creation of documentation guidance for approval via Design Council & Tech Com
- Liaise with client SWC to resolve documentation conflicts and ensure correct standards and promote (Right First Time) approach
- Support the Design Team (locally or remotely) with complex site solutions and resolution Point of escalation
- Management monitoring of forecasting for delivery of designs & dependencies etc. and ensure relevant reporting documentation is completed and MS claimed uploaded (via Design Team & SWC)
- Qualification in an engineering discipline
- Thorough experience preparing Health and Safety documentation and assessing risks
- Experience in applying BIM in the design, realisation and hand-over phase