Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
I am interested in speaking to experienced Security Software Engineers looking to join a dynamic work culture in an organization who put employees at the core of everything they do. With a global reach covering 90+ countries and an appetite for continual growth there has never been a better time to join this leader in it’s field. Interested in showcasing your Cyber/Software skills? Then read on.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in Software Engineering and experience working with other Engineers, Architects and Technical leads.
They will be responsible for designing, executing, assessing, and troubleshooting our clients System and Applications, including configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The role includes working with backend applications that have several data sources and servers, that are ran and distributed by a fully international team.
– Design, develop, test, and deploy new software solutions, enhancements, and bug fixes
– Analyze, design, develop and deploy contents and its pipelines and schemas
– Run and monitor performance and quality tests on new and existing software for the purposes of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
– Determine, develop, and maintain user manuals, training materials and documentation
– Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects
– Lead in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
– Provide directions for refactoring, code review and training
– Design and implement long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining software
– Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will improve performance and/or functionality
– Confer with end-users, clients, and/or senior management to define business requirements for application development
– Model business and application processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
– Lead a small team of Sr Engineers and Engineers and guide & mentor them
– 12+ years? of technical experience with core emphasis in Perl or Python scripting
– 6+ years of experience in C++
– 6+ years of experience in any one of the Search systems like Solr, Elastic Search, Lucene Mark logic, OpenText etc.
– 12+ years transact SQL/stored procedure development experience. Should know how to optimize SQL queries.
– 12+ in Linux, Linux/BSD command line skills, understanding of Linux environment/Kernel calls, network etc
– Hands-on experience with full SDLC.
– Source Code Management systems such as SVN or CVS
– Ability to understand quickly the entire system and all of its interactions, and able to tackle macro problems and dive into the different parts of the system effectively as necessary on short notice
– Team player, with strong reasoning skills, who can effectively influence others
– Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in the Cyber space
– A self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance coverage for all employees
100% allowable 401k retirement contributions
Subsidized educational, health, or personal development programs
Start date is = immediate (notice period excepted for the right candidates) please forward you resumes to: Tom Layzell at FPG Cyber firstname.lastname@example.org +1 (972) 645 0142