FPG are recruiting for a Network Architect to work with one of the UK’s leading broadcast solution providers. The successful candidate will have Cisco/Juniper certificates and a background of providing high level network designs including design & deployment of global WAN architecture.
Sponsorship cannot be provided so candidates must be based in the UK with valid rights to work.
• Production of complete Infrastructure Technical Designs
• Create and deliver network designs (HLD), statements of work, and technical project plans incorporating service and program management activities.
• Translate customer business issues/opportunities into technical solution/business requirements.
• Align standards and influence solutions for the future state model of infrastructure
• Create client solutions based on business requirements involving sophisticated networks, data centre, security, and virtualization technologies; as well as development of fault and performance management policies and automation rules.
• Work with our implementation and operations teams to deliver and support solutions involving, but not limited to, WAN, LAN, Video Streaming Multicast, Security, WLAN and Virtual (e.g. Virtualization, SDN, NFV) technologies.
• Collaborate with our Product, Platform and IT functions, and external delivery and support teams, to deliver the design and implementation of client projects.
• Analyse, evaluate, and communicate network capacity and performance data with the objective of driving improvements to our networks.
• Provide Matrix supervision of a team for specific projects, resource management, process documentation, and peer mentoring.
• Create presentations and demonstrations related to technology, process, or client solutions.
• At least one year’s experience of architecting high level network designs
• Good experience in the design & deployment of global WAN architectures
• Familiarity with Cisco Nexus Spine & Leaf architectures, UCS, and SD-WAN.
• Design and deployment experience with Firewalls/IPS, Load Balancers, and WAN optimization (Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA, Firepower, F5, NGINX).
• Experience in Cisco ACI architecture, Fabric, L2-L3 connectivity and Cisco NX-OS, including L2/L3 Outs, EPGs, VRFs, Contracts, and integration with 3rd Parties.
• Experience in IP Multicast for Data Centre designs and Cisco IPFM Solution.
• Solid grasp of network routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
• Experience in designing solutions with multiple protocols (Spanning Tree, FHRP, PIM, BFD, VXLAN, vPVC)
• Understanding of public and private cloud designs and implementation (e.g. AWS, Azure).
• Current Cisco (e.g. CCIE/CCDP/CCNP) and/or Juniper (e.g. JNCIE/JNCIP/JNCDS) certifications as well as ITILv3/v4 are an advantage.